Donate to Northeast College Prep!
Our diverse, award-winning, Kindergarten – 8th grade school needs your help.
Northeast College Prep provides students with everything they need to succeed. Including:
- free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of if they qualify for free and reduced lunch
- free menstrual supplies
- free school supplies
- free field trips
- perishable and non-perishable food to families by request
- winter gear and uniforms to families by request
NECP has done amazing things! Some awards include:
High Quality Charter School (MN Department of Education)
- Welcoming Schools Seal of Excellence (Human Rights Campaign)
- Schools That Work (MN Comeback)
- District 60 Recognition (MN State Senator Kari Dziedzic)
- Distance Learning recognition in MN “By the Numbers Report” (EdAllies)
- Family Favorite Award, one of only six schools in Minneapolis that received the award. (MN Parent Union)
In order to do this, we need your help. Please consider making a donation to Northeast College Prep.
Please consider making a donation to Northeast College Prep today!
- $18 = cost of a uniform shirt (although we give everyone a free shirt and charge families $10 for others)
- $40 = one week of breakfast, lunch and snack for one student (all NECP students eat for free regardless of income)
- $50 = cost to communicate with a family in their primary language through an interpreting service
- $100 = student school supplies for a middle school student for one year (NECP provides school supplies for all students)
- $500 = one year of recess equipment
- $600 = cost for one grade to attend a field trip with transportation
- $750 = classroom supplies for one classroom for the year
- $1,000 = cost for two community outreach events
- $8,000 = cost of 7th grade outdoor environmental education 3 day and 2 night field trip
- $12,000 = cost of Fly Five social-emotional learning curriculum (K-8th) for the 2022-2023 school year
- $84,000 = average cost of one intervention teacher (salary and benefits) to help fill in academic gaps due to the pandemic
- $100,000 = staffing cost for small group social-emotional learning groups led by staff this year
Why are we fundraising now?
- Students have returned to school after the pandemic with increased social-emotional and academic needs.
- Like many schools, Northeast College Prep’s enrollment dropped in the 2022-2023 school year and that means we have less revenue than expected.
- Due to a change in paperwork (but not a change in student’s needing lunch), there was a false drop in students qualifying for free and reduced lunch. This created a $200,000 funding gap.
- NECP continues to serve students with a variety of unmet needs related to the pandemic. Federal COVID funding to meet these needs is coming to an end.
Donate to help our students thrive!
If you are able to support our work, please send a check to:
Northeast College Prep
℅ Erika Sass
300 Industrial Blvd. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Or, use a credit card to donate here (insert link to a way for credit card donation to school) or use PayPal to donate here.
Other ways to give:
Spreading the word:
Tell a family about our school. When more students attend, the school gets more revenue and the students get a high quality education.
Donation of Stock:
When making a gift of in-kind shares of stock please contact Erika Sass, Executive DIrector at 612-248-8243 or [email protected] .
Employer Matching Gifts:
Many companies will match an employee’s donation to Northeast College prep. This is a great way to double your gift! All you need is your donation receipt and our Employer Identification Number (EIN): 46-2577480. To see if your employer will match you donation, click here.
If you order items on Amazon, sign up for Amazon Smile and .05% of your eligible expenses will be donated to Northeast College Prep. Click here to sign up.