Northeast College Prep is making excellent progress in closing the opportunity gap!
Second Year (2015-2016):
- #7 in the state for closing the opportunity gap in math among schools with 90% of students qualifying for free or reduced lunch.
- In grades 1-4 school-wide, students grew on average 8 percentile points in reading and 4 percentile points in math as compared to their peers nationwide. In other words, over the course of the 2015-16 school year, they far surpassed average annual growth in reading and math. This means that, on average, students that began the year behind their peers nationally made up significant ground during the school year, and students that began the year ahead of their peers got even further ahead over the course of the school year.
Founding Year (2014-2015):
- 100% increase in the number of students reading on grade level from fall to spring.
- 62% increase in the number of students doing math on grade level from fall to spring.
- #11 in the state for closing the opportunity gap in math (Star Tribune Beating the Odds data, July 2015). It is almost unprecedented that a first year school has made the Star Tribune’s “Beating the Odds” list.
We are currently raising money for a second exterior basketball hoop, fixing the two interior basketball hoops and recess equipment.
If you are interested, you can donate online below, or you can view our wish list and have materials delivered to the school. We are also requesting donations to our Donor’s Choose proposal for Guided Reading books.