Come to Ribbon-Cutting!
Volunteer to help us move!
Volunteer to help us build two playgrounds.
Scroll down for details and to register.
Come see the new school at the Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony!
August 24, 2016
300 Industrial Blvd NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Click on this invite for details and to RSVP.
Help us build our new playgrounds!
Volunteer on Friday, September 16th from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. with building, childcare or with serving food. No building experience necessary. Click here for more information. We need 150 volunteers to build two playgrounds and complete other projects. Click here to register.
Do you want to help but can’t volunteer on that day?
- Lend Tools (i.e. shovels and wheelbarrows). Click here to view the tools we still need.
- Ask a friend to volunteer
- Donate food or drinks to the event
- Volunteer on September 14th (70 people needed) or September 15th (20 people “on call” if we need them) or September 16th (375 total volunteers needed).
- Donate money toward NECP’s portion of the playground. We need to raise $8,500. The Smikis Foundation will match all donations. If we raise $4,250 with other donations, we will reach our goal. Donate online below or send a check to “Northeast College Prep – Playground Donation”.
Northeast College Prep has moved to our much larger, permanent home! Our new location will be 300 Industrial Blvd. NE. Construction is going well and we will be able to move in on Saturday, August 20th.
- 100% increase in the number of students reading on grade level from fall to spring.
- 62% increase in the number of students doing math on grade level from fall to spring.
- #11 in the state for closing the opportunity gap in math (Star Tribune Beating the Odds data, July 2015). It is almost unprecedented that a first year school has made the Star Tribune’s “Beating the Odds” list.