The lottery for the 2023-2024 school year occurred on January 25, 2023.
If you are interested in enrolling your student for the 2023-2024 school year, please complete the “Student Application 2023-2024” below. Spots are now filled on a first come, first served basis.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please call 612-248-8240.
There are still some spaces available for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete the “Student Application 2022-2023” below or call the office for availability at 612-248-8240.
To apply, fill out the web application form above. Or, download and print the Application Form and mail or fax the printed form to the address below:
Northeast College Prep
300 Industrial Blvd. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Every year at the end of January (for 2023-2024 the date is January 25, 2023), Northeast College Prep will look at the applications we have received for each grade for the upcoming school year.
- If the number of applications received is fewer than the number of spots available, then all students will secure a spot in the school for the following school year.
- If the number of applications received exceeds the number of spots available in any grade, we will then hold a lottery.
The lottery will determine which students receive the available spots. Students who are not chosen in the lottery will then move to the waiting list. All students’ families will be notified in a timely manner of the outcome of the lottery. Your best chances of getting in are to apply before the lottery date. After that, spots are filled on a first come, first served basis. If you later decide you do not want the spot, let the school know and the first person on the wait list will be notified of the opening.
We realize this can be a confusing process. If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to contact the school at (612)-248-8240.
NORTHEAST COLLEGE PREP
Northeast College Prep is holding a lottery for openings for the 2023-2024 school year on January 25, 2023. On the day of the lottery, openings in each grade will be filled until each grade reaches maximum capacity. Grades not reaching capacity will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Siblings and children of staff have preference as per state law.
After the lottery, open spaces will be filled by lot from all applicants in the applicant pool with a completed application form. Once a student has accepted a space in the school, sibling preference applies for other siblings in that family.
Students admitted to Northeast College Prep will be placed in the appropriate grade based on their age and previous schooling. Northeast College Prep will not accept a student for kindergarten unless they are at least five years old by September 1, 2023, pursuant to state law.
General Admission Procedures:
(1) Order of Admission: Siblings of Already Admitted Students/Foster Children of the Parents/Guardians of Already Admitted Students, then Children of Staff Employed at the School, then General Admissions.
(2) No waiting list carry over from year to year: Each waiting list is subject to a lottery and redrawn during each admission process each year.
(3) Multiple births (twins, triplets, etc): Each student seeking admission completes an application (i.e. not one application for the family). In a lottery situation, each student receives an individual number/lot in the lottery.
(4) Lottery Grade Order: Applicable lotteries occur from highest grade to lowest grade. For example, if a lottery is required in grades K and 3, the grade 3 lottery is conducted first, followed by the K lottery.
The Board reminds interested applicants of the Order of Admissions for Available Enrollment/Seats: Siblings of Already Admitted Students/Foster Children of the Parents/Guardians of Already Admitted Students, then Children of Staff Employed at the School, then General Admissions.
Northeast College Prep follows Minnesota Statues 124E.11 in its enrollment practices. The text of the law is provided below.
A charter school may limit admission to:
(1) pupils within an age group or grade level;
(2) pupils who are eligible to participate in the graduation incentives program under section 124E.11; or
(3) residents of a specific geographic area in which the school is located when the majority of students served by the school are members of underserved populations.
A charter school shall enroll an eligible pupil who submits a timely application, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. In this case, pupils must be accepted by lot. The charter school must develop and publish a lottery policy and process that it must use when accepting pupils by lot.
A charter school shall give enrollment preference to a sibling of an enrolled pupil and to a foster child of that pupil’s parents and may give preference for enrolling children of the school’s staff before accepting other pupils by lot.
A charter school may not limit admission to pupils on the basis of intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, or athletic ability and may not establish any criteria or requirements for admission that are inconsistent with this subdivision.
The charter school shall not distribute any services or goods of value to students, parents, or guardians as an inducement, term, or condition of enrolling a student in a charter school.
Northeast College Prep does not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, economic status, ability, religion or services needed.